- This event has passed.
Anchors, Rigging & Rescue – Albuquerque NM
June 20 @ 9:00 am - June 23 @ 5:00 pm GMT-0700
**Tuesday to Friday, 20-23 June**
**Course meets at 9:00 AM Albuquerque time.**
#### **Instructor: Rich Carlson**
[Canyoneering Competencies: Level 2 Modules](http://canyonsandcrags.com/pdf/competencies-checklist.pdf)
Gain knowledge and competence with anchors, rigging and rescue systems while honing your personal rappelling, ascending and problem-solving skills. This advanced level course is designed to take your knowledge and skills up a few more notches to overcome progressively more difficult challenges encountered in canyons. This course was designed primarily to meet the needs of advanced recreational canyoneers, but also forms the foundation for those planning to pursue canyon leader/guide or canyon rescue training.
### **Topics covered in the course include:**
* advanced knots and hitches
* linking two anchor bolts using supplemental anchor system
* twin rope systems to improve group efficiency
* retrievable anchor/rigging systems
* rigging high-strength tie-off mid-rope, convert to retrievable
* rope systems for protecting traverses
* guided rappels and rope tensioning systems
* mechanical advantage
* partner rescue – efficient lifts and load shifts
* partner rescue – convert static rigging to lower
* partner rescue from tail-up toggle rigging
* static and dynamic courtesy rigging
#### **Gear Requirements:**
* rappel/belay device
* 5-6 locking carabiners, HMS (pear shape) preferred
If you have additional gear, feel free to bring it, but it is not necessary to purchase anything special for the course, other than what is listed above. Additional gear will be available for you to borrow, try and purchase during the course.
### **This is a Hybrid Course**
This course includes online training material. Virtual meetings with your instructor will be available to you before and after the hands-on training days. In addition, you and other students in this course will become part of a private online group for ongoing consultation with the instructor.
#### **Prerequisite: ART of Canyoneering 1 or Instructor Permission**
#### **Course Fee: $395**