- This event has passed.
Mentoring Session: Downclimb and Partner Sequencing
June 3 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am GMT-0700
Mentoring Session for Karma Passport Holders.
Solve canyons drops using Downclimbing techniques combined with Sequencing and Partner Captures.
**Required items to bring to class:**
* Climbing Helmet
* Canyoneering Backpack
* Harness (good condition, manufacture date not more than 5yrs old)
* Rappel Device (ATS, Pirana, CRITR2, SQWUREL) or similar device No ATCs.
* VT Prusik, 7mm is best
* 1 Micro Traxion or mechanical rope grab of choice
* 1 Tibloc
* 48″ or longer sewn sling
* 60′ or longer bagged canyoneering rope
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ.**
* Participant Minimum Age Requirement: 18 Years
• We will be practicing at height! Skills will be practiced with weighted ropes.
• We will be outside; dress appropriately for anticipated weather – closed toe shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, windbreaker/jacket, and whatever else you may need to stay comfortable for the day.
• Bring snacks, water, etc. Bring a portable chair/cushion to sit on. Come prepared to take notes (pen, notebook, camera).
• This event will be cancelled if there is inclement weather.
• Do not come to this practice session if you do not want to be responsible for your own safety and well being. You are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that: Canyoneering and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death; The organizers of this meetup and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant – including you – at any event; You release and forever discharge the organizers jointly and severally from any actions, causes of actions, claims, damage, loss including death or injury which may be sustained from participating in this Meetup event **andor result from the negligence of the organizers.**