Our Rappel Master training program provides participants with current knowledge and fundamentals to manage and supervise non-tactical rappel operations. It is designed for individuals whose occupations require rappelling, for those who are in charge of rappel training, and for anyone interested in taking their rappelling and outdoor leadership skills up to a higher level.
The program is also ideal for canyoneers and other practitioners of adventure-based and experiential education. Participants will have opportunities to enhance and hone skills, experience personal growth and develop leadership abilities.
Topics covered include:
- problem-solving and decision-making methodologies, avoiding heuristic traps
- group dynamics and facilitation, situational adaptation of leadership styles
- importance of both objective (technical) and subjective (human) leadership skills
- hazard identification, risk assessment and management
- site management and transition safety systems
- teaching principles and strategies
- planning and presenting effective safety briefings