- This event has passed.
Anchors & Rigging – Cedar City UT
May 6 @ 9:00 am - May 7 @ 5:00 pm GMT
NOTE: Meeting time is 9:00 AM Mountain Time
**Instructor: Rich Carlson**
[Canyoneering Competencies: Level 2 Modules](http://canyonsandcrags.com/pdf/competencies-checklist.pdf)
Gain knowledge and competence with anchors and rigging systems while honing your personal rappelling, ascending and problem-solving skills. This intermediate-advanced level workshop is designed to take your knowledge and skills up a few more notches to overcome progressively more difficult challenges encountered in canyons. This workshop was designed primarily to meet the needs of advanced recreational canyoneers, but also forms the foundation for those planning to pursue canyon leader/guide or canyon rescue training.
**Topics covered in the workshop include:**
* advanced knots and hitches
* linking two anchor bolts using supplemental anchor system
* twin rope systems to improve group efficiency
* retrievable anchor/rigging systems
* rigging high-strength tie-off mid-rope, convert to retrievable
* rope systems for protecting traverses
* guided rappels and rope tensioning systems
* mechanical advantage
* partner rescue – efficient lifts and load shifts
* partner rescue – convert static rigging to lower
* partner rescue from tail-up toggle rigging
* static and dynamic courtesy rigging
* tips and tricks from Rich’s 40+ years canyoneering
Students are encouraged to watch the instructional videos on Rich’s [Canyons and Crags YouTube Channel](https://www.youtube.com/c/canyonscrags) prior to attending the workshop.
* solid aptitude for knots and rope work
* solid rappelling skills, including ability to lock-off mid-rappel
* rappel/belay device
* 5-6 locking carabiners, HMS (pear shape) preferred
If you have additional gear, feel free to bring it, but it is not necessary to purchase anything special for the workshop, other than what is listed above. Additional gear will be available for you to borrow, try and purchase during the workshop.
**Workshop Fee: $395**
**Canyoneering Karma Passport Holders: $195**
Canyoneering Karma Passports are available **[HERE](https://canyonsandcrags.com/shop/canyoneering-karma-passport/)**
**Preferred Form of Payment: VENMO @Rich-Carlson-5**