Canyoneering Academy Workshops
Typical canyoneering courses are offered in a series of “levels” with each level covering the same topics in progressively increasing detail. The Canyoneering Academy series of workshops is offered in focused modules that cover each topic in much greater depth from basic concepts through advanced applications.
Workshops in the series are ideal for those who have already acquired some experience who are looking for a fast-track opportunity to achieve mastery of specific skill sets.
This intense On Rope Skills workshop covers technical rappelling, ascending, self rescue and partner rescue skills.
Topics covered will include:
- rigging appropriate friction for various conditions
- adding friction mid-rappel
- locking off mid-rappel
- ascending and transitions on fixed ropes
- descending a guide rope, multi-pitch rappels, hanging rebelays
- ascending a guide rope
- tandem ascending and mid-rope lowers
- tandem rappels and lowers
- single rope and twin rope pick-offs
- balancier pick-off on tensioned rope
- counter-balance techniques for rappelling and rescue
- diminishing loop counterbalance ascending
- knot passing while rappelling and ascending
- tips and tricks from Rich’s 40+ years canyoneering